Tuesday, September 1, 2009

iPod

I just bought one of these! I love it! I have to admit that I never really understood the point of these. When I was in high school (only one decade ago!), email was first becoming popular. Texting and iPods and all that was definitely after that, and I never really understood the value... until I started running miles and miles... suddenly I see the value of an mp3 player. It's nice to have something to keep you company for 11 miles at 5:30 in the morning. My sister has this exact same one and I love it. It is small and has a little clip on it so you don't have to hold it while you're running. I also just signed up yesterday for my half-marathon, so I guess it's official that I'm doing it! It is on the 19th and I am so excited!
So I have also found more uses for this iPod that I just had to have. I use it after the kids have gone to bed to have something to listen to while I clean the house... but my favorite use of all: my kids love to listen to it, too, and while we walk to and from school, they take turns listening to it, and so we walk in peaceful bliss. It is beautiful. I also love hearing Emily singing along to the songs and getting all excited when one comes on that she knows. She doesn't fully realize that no one else hears what she is hearing...
For the record, Liah is already begging me for an iLod. (no, no. No typo there, that's what she keeps calling it! lol)

8 comments:

Ben and Alissa said...

Wow, good luck on the half marathon!

Kristen said...

That is awesome- glad it's working out so well for you. When iPods were first becoming popular, I got one for free from a bank and turned it around selling it for profit. Sometimes I wish I hadn't... but I've lived without it these last few years just fine. But for you running as long as you are, I'm sure it is a great find! And good luck with your half marathon!

nicole said...

I felt the SAME way. But I do love mine and so does Tegon!

Megan said...

i have a clip too, i got a couple of years ago and it is NICE. nothing to hold, nothing tangling up on my arm etc....
i don't share.:)

tharker said...

Your iPod is so cute! I love that this one clips on to your clothing. Definitely comes in very handy when you're putting in all those miles.

I love mine. Back when I was actually exercising, I used it all the time. Maybe I should try that again sometime...exercising that is.

Brook said...

Way to go for running 11 miles and good luck with your half marathon! That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Amy, do you have any advice on collecting coupons, and getting deals? I need help. How did you start going about it, and what problems did you run into? I did find one grocery store here in Maryland that does double coupons. I don't shop there much, so I don't know how to go about saving more money. I have started by getting some manufactured coupons, but how do I get better deals like you do? Thanks for the help. Oh and I saw your ipod and now I want one to help me run longer! Your kids are amazing and cute. So so so glad that you are their mother, they are so blessed!! good luck on the marathon

Anonymous said...

Hey, Gavin-pants and I are getting Nate-dog one of those iLods for his bday. You wanna go in on it with us?